Friday 21 August 2015

Bottoms Up

I have discovered a Secret Garden down the footpath.  It is ein Paradiesgarten. Sehr guht.  I get to jump around in the long grass catching the wings of flapping moths in my mouth, to explore inside dilapidated sheds and sniff out odours piquantes amongst the piles of scrap metal piled high.  I've also found other cats out hunting in the same territory.  It is also highly amusing watching the Tall One duck under brambles, limbo around thick ivy trunks and scramble over chicken wire in her efforts to capture me to bring me back inside for the evening.  She also likes to wail my name but I'm convinced I'm called 'Kissie' rather than Moses so I make zero response to her calls.  I like to evade capture for at least a good trenta minuti to get my money's worth.  I've even discovered a few very small frogs in my garden.  The Tall One hopes they might bring down the numbers of gargantuan slugs that make merry but she fears the slugs will devour them instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment