Friday 11 September 2015

The Night Watch

Encouraged by Radio 4, I've been taking part in a scientific experiment.  UK citizens are being encouraged to record the population of moths, particularly Hawk moths in their back gardens as they migrate from warmer or colder climes - couldn't gather which.  They are apparently being attracted by the smell of alcohol so I blame the old soak the Tall One with her evening glass of wine or prosecco:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/giant-moths-are-invading-britain--attracted-by-alcohol-and-tobacco-10495091.html

Well, being the diligent feline citizen that I am, I've been collecting data on the moths for them.


This involves going out into the garden at dusk and using my special night vision to locate them.  It is then necessary to report back to the Tall One with 'my results' in order to have these verified and recorded.  I've 'obtained' a wide range of large-winged samples for her perusal including these two.  I think I ought to be awarded a PhD now for scientific endeavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment