Thursday 7 December 2017

Tale of two Couches

I do NOT like change, let me repeat, I DO NOT LIKE CHANGE.  How dare she?  How very dare she?  I like to wake the tall one at the exact same time each day, I like to run upstairs and then run down to the top third step on her return from work every single day.  It has to be the third step mind, no other step will do.  I like routine.  I do NOT like change.  So you can imagine my dismay when some big loud men came into my house and deposited something big, elephantine dark grey and stinky smelling.  I was outraged I tell you, incandescent.  I like to sleep on the same beige Laura Ashley sofa every day I do not like change.

What did I do?  I sulked.  I wailed.  I glared.  I sulked.  I refused to go anywhere near the imposter sofa.  Not one inch towards it, not one whisker.  I sat on my old sofa until further affrontery was caused by more invaders coming into the house to this time remove the old sofa.  I do not like change.  I then spent two further weeks, glaring, wailing and sulking and generally hating the beast. After a while it got a little tedious and the Tall One came home to find my litter-dust paws tracked along a cushion so I had to admit defeat and did a big roly-poly over the new sofa to mark it with my scent.  However, I'm not overly impressed with the cushion fillings.  Old Laura Ashley fibre-filled 8/10.  New Multiyork cheapo foam filled 5/10 as it has an alarming habit of giving way.

Enjoying time with "old friends" sofa

Tell-tale cat litter footprints
Aquainting myself with "new friends"

1 comment: